Official Website

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Africa

Africa, there is no place in the whole world that can compare with this astonishing continent. I recently stumble upon these remarkable words and for me it describes Africa in the best possible way.

‘Africa is mystic; it is wild; it is a sweltering inferno; it is a photographer's paradise, a hunter's Valhalla, an escapist's Utopia. It is what you will, and it withstands all interpretations. It is the last vestige of a dead world or the cradle of a shiny new one. To a lot of people, as to myself, it is just 'home'. It is all these things but one thing — it is never dull.’ Beryl Marham

Below is a small collection of my images that I feel portraying Africa at its best. Enjoy and as always remember to click on the image to enlarge it.

Sunset Makoro Ride - Botswana

Stalking Leopard - Zambia

Masaai Warrior - Tanzania
Crossing the Sand River - South Africa

White-faced Owl - South Africa
Stampeding Buffalo - Zambia
Dazzling Zebra - South Africa

Hyena Silhouette - South Africa

White Rhino Calf - South Africa

Giant and the Sunset

Bark Spider - South Africa

African Supper - South Africa

Barn Owl - South Africa

Male Leopard - South Africa

"Greatest Show on Earth" - Tanzania

Shake It - South Africa
Abstract Gorilla - Rwanda

Feeding Frenzy - South Africa


Panic - Tanzania

3 comments:

Diane said...

As always amazing photos. They are all excellent but I think the first one is quite different and has something special. Diane

Two French Bulldogs said...

Always captivating photos!
Benny & Lily

RainDrop said...

I've been to Africa once in my life, and ive been hooked ever since. By Africa i mean the southern part. I wish i could go again. I so wasn't prepared the 1st time!!

I love your photos, totally stunning!